We offer two different U10 competitions on Saturday mornings, to cover different levels of experience.
At U10 level, the focus is on enjoyment, participation and learning to play hockey.
Teams participate in either a quarter field intra competition with Kew, Doncaster and ECHO, or a half field Hockey Victoria competition.
U10 game (quarter field)
- Ideal for new players
- Played on quarter field with 5 player per side (no goalkeepers)
- Generally mixed teams
- Some rules slightly modified
- All games Saturday morning, mostly with 11:00am starts
- All matches played between Kew, Doncaster and ECHO (intra-club)
U10 game (half field)
- Suitable for players who are Under 10 and have played hockey previously
- Played on a half field with 7 players
- Teams may be mixed or girls only
- Games are played at home or away against other Melbourne clubs - mostly within 5-10 km of home ground
- Goalkeepers are optional (Yarra usually does not play goalkeepers)
- Consists of two 25-minute halves with a 5-minute break between halves
- Scheduled between 8:30am and 12:00pm (most often around 11:00am) Saturday morning