U14 and U16 competitions are run as full field on Friday evenings.
There are both mixed and girls competitions at U14 and U16, and Yarra may field teams in both categories.
The program is a development program designed to build player skill and confidence.
Participation in these local competitions can lead to involvement in regional and state development programs for suitably skilled players.
The U14-16 games:
- is a 14-week Home and Away competition, plus finals
- are played on a full field
- have 11 players per side, and include a dedicated goalie
- consist of two 30-minute halves with a 5-minute break between halves
- is played in Shield, Pennant and District mixed comps and Shield and Pennant girls comps
- are played Friday nights with most games between 6.30 and 9 pm.