YVHC asks all members to adopt the Hockey Australia recommendations re COVID19 management:
- all members (players, team staff, spectators) of hockey clubs adopt the following set of actions for upcoming training sessions and matches:
- Replace handshaking at the start and conclusion of games with (for example) simply tapping sticks on the ground, fist pump or a thumbs up.
- Use labelled water bottles. These must be strictly single person use. Avoid use of communal water bottles.
- Take care with food handling at games; for example, oranges or lollies at half-time or full-time. Use tongs to serve or reconsider shared food.
- Mouth-guards should be washed after each game, followed by cleaning of hands.
- Continue to cover nose and mouth with tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep 1.5m distance from anyone that is coughing or sneezing.
- Use alcohol-based hand wash available at the canteen counter, dugouts, and seat stands outside the change room.
- All players and officials should wash their hands with soap and water and dry with paper towel prior to and after games.
- Gloves should be worn when attending to players with injuries – especially against blood exposure but also to prevent contact with mouth-guards.
- Any member with flu-like symptoms should self-exclude from playing, training and spectating at the first sign of the symptoms and seek medical advice.
- Further advice on the Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found from the following recommended sources:
- Australian Government Department of Health (health.gov.au) or for general advice regarding COVID-19, call the Australian Government's Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
All members of the hockey community should note that this is an evolving situation and advice could change at any time. Hockey Australia will endeavour to update the hockey community as it is relevant.