HV and the Victorian Government released guidelines last Friday for the start of a phased return to community sport.
The Yarra General Committee are putting together a careful and measured plan to begin to return to our field and team hockey. Our plan must gain approval from Banyule council and meet or exceed the HV guidelines which are based on those from Sports & Recreation Victoria and the AIS.
Only train if you are feeling well. Do expect some strict protocol requirements such as
- rostered training timeslots,
- registering online,
- signing attendance sheet,
- staggered training time for each HALF field,
- parking in specific carparks,
- gate entry & exit protocol’s,
- 10 players only per HALF field (plus coaches),
- distanced training,
- no use of bibs – bring your own light and dark shirts
- sanitising hands and equipment before and after training.
- No use of club rooms except toilets
- Cleaning and sanitising processes after training
We are targeting to convince authorities we are set to go this week. We will then communicate these protocol’s to all members and ask that you take the time to understand these plans before taking the field again once we get green light from Council & HV. Please await communication from your co-ordinator or coach regarding session times but we are hoping by next week to have distanced hockey underway.